Did you know The National Christmas Tree Association suggests that this season, “36 million U.S. families plan to focus their holiday traditions around a real Christmas tree”… about 23 percent of the consumers will purchase their trees from a ‘Christmas tree farm’ while about 62 percent will buy trees from a retail lot.”
Favorite Christmas Tree in US
- Fraser Fir – needles are silvery-green and soft to the touch.
- Douglas Fir – deep green in color and has unusually lovely branch shape.
- Balsam Fir – beautiful dark-green color with airy, flexible branches.
- Colorado Blue Spruce – nice pyramidal shape with strong limbs.
- Scotch Pine – needles can be sharp as pins, but it resists drying.
- White Spruce – narrow conic in young trees.
- White Pine – used in garlands, wreaths due to their long, feathery, soft needles.
- White Fir – good foilage color, a pleasing natural shape and aroma.
- Virginia Pine – yellow-green needles are paired in fascicles and are often twisted.
- Eastern Red Cedar – the fine-grained, soft brittle pinkish red to brownish red heartwood is fragrant, very light and very durable.
source: survey at forestry.about.com
The Muljat Group North | 505 Front Street | Lynden, WA 98264 | 360.354.4242 | muljatgroupnorth.com